You can queue and get the tickets at Hongkong disneyland or buy the tickets there.
The advantages of getting tickets online is no long queue and cheaper rates are available at times.
The disadvantages is the security and you may change your itinerary due to the weather.
I have been to disneyland in other countries. HongKong disneyland is definitely smaller but is still a fun and magical place for both adults and kids to have fun.
To get cheap tickets, there are forums recommending hongkong tour agency. However, is not really worth it unless you getting tickets for more than 5 people as you have to make a trip down to the agency or incur credit card charges.
I got my tickets from klook. Tried it and it work.
Can use my recommendation code.
or disneyland site sometimes have its own offer
1. Bring along plain water, sweets and small snacks. It is going to a long long day with lots of walking.Hongkong disneyland's food are not really that nice unless you are going to the expensive restaurant. And while you are queuing, Some snacks and water will make queuing less frustrating. Disneyland do not allow food so either hide it well or bring small items.
2. Reach early. No queues for rides. Do your shopping later part of the day when it gets too hot. And photo taking while waiting for the fast pass timing
3. Sunscreen, hat and umbrella. Say no to sunburns.
4. Lots of ways you can get cheaper tickets. Read and research if you are going in a big group. Please only go to those with good reviews.
5. Disneyland is situated at not populated and near the sea. It's temperature will be slightly lower than Hongkong and maybe more windy. May not be true for summer but definitely true for winter. I went in December, it was much colder at disneyland. Especially at night.
6. Plan your rides. We went through our first few rides with minimal queuing. We did 7 rides by lunch. In around 3 hours. Start from the one that is furthest. Then get a fast pass for one of the rides and in between the waiting time, catch a show or queue for another ride. For more fast pass information, https://www.hongkongdisneyland.com/faq/fastpass/
7. Food at Hongkong disneyland are not really nice. Just a good place to rest and fill up your tummy. Maybe is because I go to the cheaper eateries. The only good thing is the Korean cuttlefish snack. The information and photo is right at the bottom of this post. For the money conscious, don't snack. the snacks are priced quite high.
8. To get a good place to watch parade and fireworks, have to reach there around 20 minutes earlier.
9. Relax, have fun.
1. We took a photo with Snow white near fantasyland as the queue was quite short. The fantasyland is not near the entrance. The waiting time was around 5 to 10 minutes
2. Cinderalla Carousel. Fear factor 0. Just sitting on a stationary houses and spinning at slow pace. They also have carriages. Suitable for very young and very old. Unless one gets dizzy very easily. The queue was quite fast, around 10 minutes as it was still early and fantasyland location.
Waiting time was also around 5- 10 minutes. This is slow moving ride where we just view the graphics and display, Suitable for the very young and very old.
4. Dumbo the flying elephant.
The waiting time for this is slightly longer. Around 20 minutes. It was a bit scary as the elephant will elevate from the ground. Dumbo's flying height can be adjusted with the joystick inside.
It is not really scary. Just not for anyone with a fear of height.
6. Slinky dog spin
It is a medium speed roller coaster with minor ups and downs. I can only say my niece had fun watching the timid me scream at every little thing. Waiting time was around 15 minutes.
7. Jungle River Cruise.
They have it in different languages to suit everyone. Just a very relaxing ride to see some man made animals. Quite a relaxing ride. Waiting time was around 10 minutes.
We had our lunch at TAhitian Terrace. We bought our tickets with meal coupons. It was slightly cheaper. Maybe around HK$20. The laksa was good. the rest was taste around the same. It was just average.
Only 2 person in my family went. Rest of us are not really the brave ones. You will be able to see how the ride goes as it is outdoor, I heard it is fun. Waiting time is around 20-30 minutes. There are a lot of nice spots for photo takings so we don't mind waiting for them.
After this, the waiting time was around 30 minutes to an hour
Driving a car. This is no height limit. Quite a relaxing ride. Except for my mum. She was too slow and cause a bit of the jam.
11. Space Mountain
I skip this. I heard is very very scary as it was not just ups and downs but very fast.
My 70 year old dad chose to be his first roller coaster ride of his life. A very bad life decision. It will be his last too.
12. Buzz lightyear Astro Blasters
A relaxing game where we take the blaster and shot. Quite fun as it was interactive and not scary.
This is bit like Dumbo the flying elephant except it has the sci-fi and not the cute image.
14. Mickey's PhilharMagic.
A fun 3D show for all ages. My parents had fun and so did my niece.
15. Frozen Christmas
16. Disney in the stars firework
Dinner at star liner diner.
Fast food. Fried chicken,fries and etc. The food was average. Just eat not to feel hungry.